This recipe will give you 24 delicious pizza buns.
You will need:
- 100 grams of fresh yeast or 50 grams of dried yeast
- 400 ml of water
- 100 ml of flavourless oil
- 50 ml of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of dried herbs – I used oregano
- 1000 grams of flour
- 150 ml tomato sauce
- 100 grams of cheese
- Dissolve the yest in the water and add sugar, herbs, and salt. Stir briefly.
- Add oil, butter, and eggs to the mixture and stir well.
- Slowly add the flour and kneed until the dough is smooth.
- Set the dough aside to rise for 30 minutes
- Prepare the tomato sauce, if you have to make it yourself and grate the cheese.
- Cut and shape the dough into 24 equal pieces. The bun should be flattened slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the buns and distribute the cheese on the buns. Leave the buns to rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake the buns at 225 C for 12-15 minutes or until it sounds hollow when knocking on the bottom of the bun.