This roll is perfect for a midday snack. The recipe will yield 20 delicious rolls.
You will need:
- 300 grams of rhubarb
- 100 grams of strawberries
- One vanilla pod
- 75 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 50 grams of fresh yeast or 25 grams of dry yeast
- 250 ml of water
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 550 grams of flour
- A beaten egg, sugar, and chopped almonds
- Start by dicing the rhubarb and strawberries, and add them to a pan with the vanilla pod and 75 grams of sugar
- Let the rhubarb mixture simmer until the rhubarbs and the strawberries are soft and have started to come together. Let the mixture cool.
- To make the dough combine the yeast with melted, cooled butter and the water. Add the sugar, salt, egg, and flour.
- Let the dough rise until double in size. Then knead the dough before dividing it into 20 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a triangle, add the rhubarb mixture to the base and roll the dough with the mixture in the middle.
- Brush the rolls with a beaten egg, dust with sugar and add the chopped almonds before leaving them to rise 40 minutes.
- Bake the rolls at 225 C for around 10-12 minutes. The roll is finished when a hollow sound can be heard when knocking on the bottom of the roll.
Tip: Add marzipan to the rhubarb mixture just before adding it to the roll.